Registration for 2020-2021 will open on August 1, 2020. Parents will need a PowerSchool Parent Portal account for registration and your current account will work.
The registration process will look very different for 2020-2021. Independence switched to a different registration platform with more options for data. PowerSchool also updated their parent contact system and is more flexible. You will need to plan for extra time for registration so you are able to carefully check and enter contact information. We have also expanded our Health registration so we can cut down on paper health forms. This process will take longer in registration, but save paper forms in the fall.
As part of the registration process, payment of fees will also be different. We have combined all nutrition and registration fees into one program so you will have one login and make payments for nutrition, registration and other school-related purchases. As part of the new system, we expect to accept credit card payment for gate admission.
All of the data on this website will be updated with the new information for 2020-2021. I have left the previous information as a reference for you.
- PK4 students, except St John will register using the online program.
- St. John students who come to Independence part-time will still need to register. You do not need to pay registration fees to Independence.
- BCSC students can pre-register. Shelly will help you register during the first week of school.
- Four Oaks students will need to register.
- If you have any questions about registration, please call your student's building.
- We recommend completing your online registration on a desktop or laptop computer and not via mobile device or the app. If you need access to a computer, you can stop by the East, West or Jr/Sr High office.
Junior Senior High
All parents need to have a PowerSchool Parent Portal account to register. Please contact your building for username and password help. Please wait until August 1st if you need to request a Parent Portal account.
When you talk to the building office:
- Give the office your contact information
- Name, grade level and expected starting date for each child
- The district will send/email the account information
- Express any concerns
- Ask about a tour
More information on these topics in e-Registration. As you register, be sure to note these items.
The Independence Registration process is completely online. All registrations require a PowerSchool Parent Portal account to register for school. Please contact a building to start the process to receive Parent Portal information.