Registration for 2020-2021 will open on August 1, 2020. Parents will need a PowerSchool Parent Portal account for registration and your current account will work. You may contact your child's building for instructions during business hours.
The registration process will look very different for 2020-2021. Independence switched to a different registration platform with more options for data. PowerSchool also updated their parent contact system and is more flexible. You will need to plan for extra time for registration so you are able to carefully check and enter contact information. We have also expanded our Health registration so we can cut down on paper health forms. This process will take longer in registration, but save paper forms in the fall.
As part of the registration process, payment of fees will also be different. We have combined all nutrition and registration fees into one program so you will have one login and make payments for nutrition, registration and other school-related purchases.
- PK4 students, except St John will register using the online program.
- St. John K-8 students who come to Independence part-time will still need to register. You do not need to pay registration fees to Independence.
- BCSC students can pre-register. Shelly will help you register during the first week of school.
- Four Oaks students will need to register.
- If you have any questions about registration, please call your student's building. You may also contact Steve Noyes by email, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The new registration program is phone and tablet friendly.
- If you need access to a computing device, please contact your building to setup an appointment. You must setup an appointment to come to the school and use a computer for registration.
Registration Pieces: These are separate steps but are all linked through the PowerSchool Parent Portal.
- Demographics, health, transportation, School Permissions: You will use InfoSnap. You will log into your Parent Portal and click on Register Returning Student. New students, (not already in PowerSchool), will use the New Student link on the district website starting August 1, 2020.
- Registration Fees: You will use MySchoolBucks. If you already have an account, you may use it. You may also link the account to your Parent Portal Account. Log into your Parent Portal account and click on, "My SchoolBucks."
- Meal Fees: You will use MySchoolBucks. If you already have an account, you may use it. You may also link the account to your Parent Portal Account. Log into your Parent Portal account and click on, "My SchoolBucks."
- Free/Reduced Application: You can apply/reapply by going to myschoolapps.com or go to the school web site and download an application or call Annette Harbaugh at 319-334-7423.
- K-2 Orientation Schedule: This will be posted to the website on August 14.
Junior Senior High
All parents need to have a PowerSchool Parent Portal account to register. Please contact your building for username and password help. Please try to login with your parent portal account before August 1. If you have problems, please contact your child's building.
If you are new to the district, please contact East, West or JSH for help.
- Give the office your contact information
- Express any concerns
- Ask about a tour
- Once you are ready to register, you will click on the New Student Registration link on the district website.
More information on these topics in e-Registration. As you register, be sure to note these items.
The Independence Registration process is completely online. All registrations require a PowerSchool Parent Portal account to register for school. Please contact a building to start the process to receive Parent Portal information.