9Welcome to 2018-2020 Registration. We are excited to start the new school year. Registration will open on Wednesday, August 1, 2019.
Your previous PowerSchool Parent Portal account will work for 2019-2020. If you do not have an account, please wait to request an account on August 1. Please request an account by contacting your student's building.
- PK4 students will not register using the online program. Please contact your PK4 program with questions.
- St. John students who come to Independence part-time will still need to register. You do not need to pay registration fees to Independence.
- BCSC students can pre-register. Shelly will help you register during the first week of school.
- Four Oaks students will need to register.
- If you have any questions about registration, please call your student's building.
- We recommend completing your online registration on a desktop or laptop computer and not via mobile device or the app. If you need access to a computer, you can stop by the East, West or Jr/Sr High office.
Junior Senior High
All parents need to have a PowerSchool Parent Portal account to register. Please contact your building for username and password help. Please wait until August 1st if you need to request a Parent Portal account.
When you talk to the building office:
- Give the office your contact information
- Name, grade level and expected starting date for each child
- The district will send/email the account information
- Express any concerns
- Ask about a tour
Registration instructions will be updated after July 8, 2019
More information on these topics in e-Registration. As you register, be sure to note these items.
The Independence Registration process is completely online. All registrations require a PowerSchool Parent Portal account to register for school. Please contact a building to start the process to receive Parent Portal information.