Welcome to the start of the 2017-2018
Academic school year.
All parents need to have a PowerSchool Parent Portal account to register. Please contact your building for username and password help.
Instructions for eRegistration.
School Supply Lists are here.
The 7-12 Parent and Student Agreement is located here.
As part of registration, you will acknowledge that you have read this document.
You do not need to turn-in a paper copy.
Once your student receives the actual device (first day of school), the Inventory will be sent by email.
Registration fees are expected at time of registration. You may pay the registration fees with credit or debit card. If you want to pay with check or cash, please send check for the amount or come to East, West, JSH or Admin building for cash. Please do not pay registration fees if you plan to apply for free or reduced fees.
There is also an option to apply for Free/Reduced fees as part of the registration process. You will need to go to ApplyforLunch to apply for free or reduced fees. You always have the option to come to any district building to pay fees with check or cash.
Important Registration Notes:
- St. John students who come to Independence part-time will still need to register.
- PK4 students will not register using the online program. Please contact your PK4 program with questions.
- If you have any questions about registration, please call your child’s building.
- East Office Number: (319) 334-7425
- West Office Number: (319) 334-7430
- JSH Office Number: (319) 334-7405
Online Lunch Program Information
Free and Reduced Application
You must apply each year for free and reduced status. Last year’s application will not carry forward to 2017-2108 school year.
If you have a CASE NUMBER, please drop the last digit and enter your code in the application.
Please use this link for the application.
Applying money to your meal account
Thank you for your interest in the new program, we are really excited about it and it’s so easy to use with multiple functions like:
Registration Board Policies
- Policy 106 Anti Bullying Harassment Policy Revised 04-18-2016
- Policy 402.3 & 402.3R Abuse of Students by School District Employees Revised 10-17-2016
- Policy 501.9 Student Absences-Excused Revised 12-16-13
- Policy 501.10 & 501.10R Truancy Reviewed 11-18-13
- Policy 501.15 Open Enrollment Transfers-Procedures as a Sending District Reviewed 11-18-2013
- Policy 501.16 Open Enrollment Transfers-Procedures as a Sending District Reviewed 11-18-13
- Policy 502.8 Weapons Revised 11-21-2016
- Policy 502.9 Smoking-Drinking-Drugs Reviewed 01-20-2014
- Policy 502.10 & 502.10R Search and Seizure Reviewed 01-20-2014
- Policy 506.2 & 506.2E1 Student Directory Information Revised 04-21-2014
- Policy 506.2 & 506.2E1 Student Directory Information Revised 07-17-2017
- Policy 603.4 603.4E1 Health Education Human Growth and Development Student Excuse Form Reviewed 11-19-2012
- Policy 605.2 605.2R Instructional Materials Inspection Reviewed 01-21-2013
- Policy 605.6 605.6E1 605.6R1 Internet-Appropriate Use Revised 6-18-2012
- Policy 711.1 Student School Transportation Eligibility Reviewed 01-19-2015
- Policy 711.2 & 711.2R2 Student Conduct on School Transportation and Use of Video Cameras on School Buses Revised 02-16-2015
- Public Notice Annual Notice Regarding Students 2017-2018
- Policy 710.1 School Nutrition Program Revised 06-19-2017
- Policy 710.2 Free or Reduced Price Meals Eligibility Revised 06-19-2017
- Policy 710.4 Meal Charges New 06-19-2017